Bargain Travel Destinations

Discussion in Travel started by Ke Gordon • Sep 21, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where is your favorite bargain travel destination? I haven't been anywhere lately, really... but I think camping in the nearby mountains is fun and cheap. I also like to visit family several hours from here as I can stay for free. It also provides a change of pace something that I urgently seek. What about you? where do you go, and what do you do?

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to go camping too, especially in North Wales, near Mount Snowdon. We've got all the equipment needed for a comfortable stay so all we really spend on is petrol, food and campsite fees. There's plenty of things to do for free there (including climbing the mountain!) and we never get bored.

3. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy camping in the Lake District, because there are plenty of places to put your tent, and lots of things to do that you don't even have to pay for, such as walks. You can get food relatively cheaply from supermarkets each day if you don't want to go out to eat, meaning that you hardly have to pay any money at all. So that's definitely something worth thinking about if you enjoy the great outdoors and want to try something a little different to what you're used to.

4. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I am personally in love with US. Its some of charming attractions appeals me a lot and always wanna go there. Nowadays i am looking for online tour booking for my new year celebrations.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a camper, but it is cheap, flexible and gives you freedom. I have many friends who carry a tent around with them just in case they need it. I prefer to go on breaks with a budget motel or hotel. Rather than places, I choose a low season, because even if it is cheap I prefer less crowds.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if this can be considered but the real bargain for us are the plane tickets. For this year, we still have 2 trips for Hongkong (October) and Singapore (November). We bought the tickets in a travel expo at 40% of the regular price. Most airlines were there so we bought from 3 airlines - Philippine Airline, Cathay Pacific and Cebu Pacific (for our trip to Vietnam last week).

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love travelling to South Africa, just over the border, but not too deep into the country because of the crime. It's a gorgeous country and is cheaper than Botswana. So I don't really need much to drive over and book into a hotel or B&B and have fun :)

8. mmegs00

mmegs00New Member

Threads:
    Ljubljana, Slovenia. I found that this was a very budget friendly city in Europe with so much charm and history. In the middle of summer it was not overly packed which was a nice treat from our other destinations. Things cost much less here than the rest of Europe even though they too are on the Euro. I went as the spur of the moment, but had wished it was part of the original plan so I could have stayed longer and say the rest of Slovenia. I will definitely go back!

9. Zarnak

ZarnakNew Member

Threads:
    Ljubljana, Slovenia is a new name for. In fact, I ma listening about it first time in my life throughout this thread. Ljubljana, Slovenia sounds really attractive place and I will like ti read more information about it after that I'll suggest this name to my friends and family and hopeful that they will like my suggestion.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Visiting a local tourist spot is probably the most wallet-friendly destination. Depending on the season I'll choose to visit a place where I can easily find a spot where I'll while away the day fishing. Definitely not something most people would enjoy but I like it and since these places tend to be well out of the way [so to say] a stay at the hotels doesn't cost much.

If I must travel abroad they my favorite bargain destination would be Skiathos Island, Greece.

11. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    We like to go to Montreal or Toronto. We can drive to both cities and stay in reasonably nice hotels. Along the way we will stop and fish in small towns. I am always on the look out for cheap deals on hotels. We like to use our points to get hotel stays for free too. There are always great things to do with the kids in both these cities. I like hotels with a microwave so I can bring food and a cooler to help offset the cost of eating out.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I live in Asia so traveling between many of the countries here is very cheap for me. The only expensive part is the actual trip itself since hotels and food can get expensive, as well as the shopping, but the airplane fare is usually very low which is why a lot of people here have actually started to travel more regularly. There are also a lot of local destinations that are cheap to get to here and the expenses aren't bad either but I tend to want to travel outside of the country since it is the weather that I want to escape the most because it's mostly humid wherever we go.

13. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    I usually just go visit family. It's always for a specific reason. A wedding, funeral, or birthday party. Every now and then it's for a holiday. With a family as big as mine, there's always something going on.

14. Adoreyou!

Adoreyou!New Member

Threads:
    Thanks for letting me know about all of these. I am sure that this will help me in somewhere my life. As i just simply really like to experience places like these so much. I hope that in forthcoming days as well you won't stop sharing information with each other.

15. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well there are public beaches on the rural areas and a few others on the outskirts of town so they make for a good bargain when you want to travel on a shoestring budget. Some of them do not require an entrance fee and you can simply pack your own provisions such as a tent for overnight camping and fast food for consumption. Other public beaches levy a fee but it's significantly much cheaper compared to the rates offered by high-end beaches.

16. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Camping is always my favorite travel idea, and I know that it is really using the word travel pretty loosely, but I am okay with that. It is certainly a good way to save some money too, and you can really go cheap if you want, which is usually what we do and the best way to go if you ask me. Nothing but the essentials, and some good friends of course.

17. Adoreyou!

Adoreyou!New Member

Threads:
    Yeah i agree with this. Always really love to Camp at different of the places. It simply makes me feel really great trying these kind of things so much. There are so many of the amazing places where i have been to for Camping purposes. Will love to try all of these quite sure too.

18. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    xTinx, Would you like to let me know any public beach that attracts you to go for it again and again? I am curious to know and would like to go for it soon. I hope you would like to share with me. That name can be local for you or something to see around the country.

19. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well my country is an archipelago so some of the best public beaches can be found at virgin islands or lesser known provinces. You can search these places:
    • Basdaku, Moalboal
    • Cordova beaches
    • Canigaon Island
    • Sumilon Island
    • Boljoon
    There are other beaches to consider like Boracay, El Nido, Panglao and Dakak but most of them are commercially inclined. They're mighty expensive too but ambience, cleanliness, experiencing those beaches is worth it.

20. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    We're from the same country @xTinx@xTinx. But for me, the best budget beaches are the following:
    • Bolinao Beach in Pangasinan. The sand is a very fine white and the water is very clean and clear. There's not much visitors when we came here, which is at a weekend. You can choose a cheaper resort to enjoy the beach instead of the popular beach resorts which are expensive.
    • Patar Beach in Pangasinan. Again, a white sand beach, a little farther away from Bolinao. But again, the water is very clear and pristine. It's not as developed as Bolinao Beach though and there are fewer resorts.
    • Nasugbu Beach in Batangas. White sand as well and clear, blue waters. The entrance fee is just 200 pesos or over $5 per person. You can rent a nipa hut or a tent, whichever you want.
    Sometimes, we'll go to Tagaytay as well. It's a few minutes drive from our place and there's tons to do there. You can just enjoy the view, go have a picnic or maybe eat at the famous restaurants. It's pretty cold there as compared to other destinations.