Asian Wholesale Sites Are Scams!

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by Sydney M. • Jun 9, 2016.

1. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    I recently bought some clothing items from Asian wholesale websites, which are clothing websites based in Asian countries that sell everything at a very cheap price. Although I had read some reviews on the quality of their products, I thought I would give some of them a try and see what I turned up with. I bought things such as dresses, shirts, and bathing suits from Sammydress.com, Trendsgal.com, and Newdress.com. One thing to note about all of these websites is that even though the prices for the items are discounted, if you live in the U.S. or other countries in the Americas, the shipping costs are outrageous! If you don't spend a lot on shipping (sometimes $20 or more), then shipping takes weeks to months. Unfortunately, out of about 10-15 items I bought in total on these websites, only about 3 were of good enough quality for me to wear. There were a lot of thin, see-through materials, or loose threads and hemming issues. Have you ever bought from or heard of some of these wholesale sites? What was your experience like?

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I concur with some of your findings here. Many persons have alluded to problems with sizes, quality and delivery time for the goods which are acquired through these sites. Their advertisement of the goods is very attractive and appealing, however, in many instances when the goods arrive they are not up to the standards which were suggested in the advertisements.

3. gats

gatsNew Member

Threads:
    Not all of them are scams but you should only buy from sources that have a lot of reviews and reputation. If you pay using paypal then you can file for a chargeback if you don't get your goods.

4. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Alibaba.com or TaoBao are a great place to go for wholesale items. They come from all over the world and thus cost pennies per product compared to the dollars we would usually sell them for. It's a great way to go if you are looking for an asian company you can trust. The only downside is that you have to order a minimum amount (like 500 or a 1,000), but when it costs $1 an item, that's hardly anything at all.

5. ladydaydream

ladydaydreamNew Member

Threads:
    I concur with davos, TaoBao is a great Asian website to look for items and isn't a scam at all; I've personally purchased items from there and been very pleased with the quality of items as well as the deal. I suggest getting a group of friends together and making an order with everyone, since it'd be easier to reach the minimum amount and is probably more convenient. If you trust your friends, that is!

6. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    I heard much about Sammy dress a long time ago. I actually like much of there clothes, and I know you probably say that you wish this would be a physical store near you because they really do have some great products to shop for. Yes the shipping is ridiculously priced, and it takes 3 weeks or more which is the only reason why I would never shop for many companies that are over seas.

I watched some people do hauls on Youtube from these companies, you know they get special services because they are promoting their company.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh gosh yes, I've been there, done it and even still have the t-shirt to show for it LOL I'm very familiar with SammyDress, because I did some research on it and found out it was just NASTY! This was after I got stung shopping with one called CauseWay. The website was so cute and professional looking, the prices very cheap. That should have been the warning. But we all like a good bargain, and I delved straight in. Luckily, I decided to spend no more than £200 to see if I liked the stuff. Oh Lord, when I received the order, the majority of it was just AWFUL! Like in your case, the quality was below mediocre, the stitching left A LOT to be desired, the hemlines were beyond a joke, cotton hanging off the items and absolutely no finishing! I mean,I honestly thought I'd wake up and realise I'd had a nightmare. Sadly, that never happened.

Trying to complain and communicate with the 'wholesaler' was a nightmare. They didn't see what they'd done wrong and refused point blank to take the stuff back and issue a refund. Shortly after, they just disappeared and became unreachable. That's why to this day I'm so wary of buying ANYTHING from that neck of the woods.

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As soon as I read the title to this thread, I thought of @Lushlala@Lushlala and the problem she had with this type of site. I recall when she first posted about the issue she experienced, I was seeing lots of ads for these companies all over Facebook, in particular. The items look very attractive and well made, but I think what they must do is steal the pictures from other stores, then manufacture similar styles with lower quality fabric and methods to match those photos. I have had the issue of buying a few such items for very low cost on eBay and then the sizes run very small, the seams aren't sewn well, and the material is low quality, so I have learned to stay away from not only the sites, but also certain types of items on eBay and elsewhere.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You've hit the nail right on the head, Diane Lane! That's what I found out through extensive research, after I got scammed by one site called CauseWay Mall. That's how they reel people in and make them believe they are 100% kosher and professional. I just cringe when I see girls here going crazy over the stuff they post all over Facebook, because you know how spammy they can get! I've given some the heads up, but I'm not going to be able to warn everyone off. It's sad really.