Are you more of a cat or dog person?

Discussion in Pets started by kitchencatlover • Aug 12, 2014.

1. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I won't like I cannot stand cats at all. They are irritating too me and give me hives. I like dogs, but there are a few breeds I don't prefer. Other than the few breeds I love dogs. They are playful, sweet, protective, smart, just a lot of fun.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm definitely a dog person, and we've had about 6 or so dogs since I was little. This last time around, up until 2010, I had three dogs, but they all passed away within months of each other. We had them for about 15 years, which was the longest we had ever had a dog before. Emotionally we weren't ready to "replace" them with more dogs. It just felt wrong to bring any new dogs into our house, when this was "their" home. However within a year of the last one passing, we started finding a cat lingering around our back door that wanted in so we eventually took her in. Less than a year later, another cat started doing the same thing, so we took her in too. As of now we have two cats, and are possibly about to take in a third one that is doing the same thing. The only problem is that none of these cats get along with each other at all. So this third one is actually scared to come into our house, because the other two are ready to rip her to shreds. We tried bringing her into meet them a couple of times, and they chased her to the door and she was begging to be let out, lol. We'll see how this all goes.

I love the cats, but I miss how affectionate our dogs were. The cats are more aloof and don't like to be handled much. Our dogs on the other hand would let us pet them like crazy and hug them, and what not.

3. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I'm slightly more of a dog person, but I love cats as well. Each animal has its perks and flaws as far as being a pet is concerned. Cats are cleaner, but they like to scratch everything they see. Dogs are messier and more destructive, but they'll be there if you need some company. Both are great animals, and as long as you take the time to care for them and train them they'll love you forever.

4. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Cats are most definitely very finicky when it come to the two creatures making them less desirable by the average person. I personally prefer dogs because of how loyal they are to humans by nature. Dogs show a great more deal of emotion and are easier to deal with. However, growing up, all we took in was stray cats, so I formed a bond over the years with the sometime-e animals.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm more of a cat person rather than a dog person. I just prefer them because they're cuter, regal in appearance, and less maintenance in general. Dogs need a lot of attention and you have to give them baths and exercise too, something that I don't have time to do nowadays.