Are U Satisfied With Your Health Insurance Plan?

Discussion in Life & Health Insurance started by explorerx7 • Mar 12, 2016.

1. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I have observed that in almost the surveys about health insurance, the respondents have mostly tended to give the plan in which they have been involved a low satisfactory rating, How do you rate your health Insurance plan, do you find that it's satisfactory or that it is inadequate?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have free health insurance at work and though I've been able to claim a few benefits such as teeth-cleaning, check-ups and temporary teeth fillings, for the most part, I feel like the company tries its best not to cover us. I wonder why they offered our company "unlimited tooth extractions" but not permanent fillings. We can't have all our teeth remove, that's for sure. Satisfaction rate on a scale of 1 to 10... I guess 6. That's better than not having health insurance at all.

3. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I plan to register with health insurance plan in the category of the level term policy. This insurance plan enables one to get his or her cash value after the expiry of the policy in addition to substantial savings. I know many people have been duped into buying life insurance by smooth talking sales reps as a way of savings but only end up getting the stated cash value of the insurance and no savings. These are gobbled up in taxes.

4. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I rate my health insurance plan low because it only serves its purpose as required by law to have coverage. It doesn't fit my healthcare needs if I have to chose a very high deductible in order to pay the premiums and still pay for my doctor's visits and prescriptions out of my own pocket, if I can find a doctor that would even accept my insurance. On the other side of the coin I'm at peace knowing that if I develop health issues or injuries that require hospitalization I'm covered.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really don't get my plan. They are supposed to cover doctor's visits and the last time I went to the doctor they paid nothing, with no explanation. Also, I have no prescription drug coverage which is craziness to me. Well, supposedly at least they will pay if I have to be hosptialized...God forbid.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My plan is very basic. If my income were higher, it might suit at least some of my needs, but for right now, it doesn't. I can't afford to actually use my insurance once I pay the premiums, but I keep the basic plan because the one doctor I still have doesn't accept new patients, and also doesn't accept the other plans I would potentially be interested in that are available to me. It's not that he's such a great doctor, but that he allows me to only come in when I can afford to, which tends to be once every year or two, without harassing me.

Last year, I did a lot of research into other plans, but none of the local doctors accepted the other plans I checked into that offered additional benefits. Since my vehicle's not in great shape, I can't afford to travel far outside of my area to see a doctor, nor do I want to do that on a regular basis.

7. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well the short answer here is no. That does have a lot to do with one of my basic assumptions and that is that everyone is not pleased with their health insurance plan, because we pay for it when we don't do to the doctor. Every time I pay for it I always think of it as wasted money, but then of course when it actually works I like it a little better. I did just choose a basic plan though, so I did not expect much from the beginning.

8. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have just recently gotten different health insurance since I lost my job and that coverage ran out. I have only used it once since I got it, so I do not know how I feel about it yet. I do know that the monthly premium is cheaper than my old insurance so that is a plus. My deductible is not as high either so I will be able to meet that sooner than on my other policy.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I feel like this is one area where you just really do not have that many options, so as long as you are covered than you should probably just be happy. It is unfortunate, but true, at least from my experience.

10. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    In my country health insurance is categorized in various grades. Each grade has its prize and also its benefits. We pick the grade that we can afford. I selected a medium grade and its not that bad. I'm not satisfied but that's what I can afford. The satisfaction one gets depends on how much money you're ready to pay.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am covered officially, by government and a personal health insurance but the fact is I am not satisfied by any of these because none of them cover me for my day to day need but offer reimbursement in case of hospitalization only. Besides that, none of my policies cover my dental treatment which is perhaps going to make a big dent on my pocket in near future.

12. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Not in my case. I am very satisfied with my health insurance. I have been using it for almost 20 years. I have availed of its provision for a yearly health examination and a return of investment for every 5 years. I don't have to worry about it. In fact, I am sharing it with my co-employees who haven't yet gotten their own insurance.