Are There Apps That Provide Free Wi-fi?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by mildredtabitha • Oct 7, 2017.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I remember being told by someone that you can get free Wi-Fi from an internet app. You just download and install. Then after that you can enjoy free Wi-Fi.

Do you know any android apps that can work like this? If this is true, I will gladly install one and see how much I can save when I stop buying bundles.

2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I looked in the playstore and there are apps which find the nearest hotspot but I've a feeling it taps in to people who have not secured their wifi so I wonder if this is a good thing. It's their fault but I don't know if I would feel comfortable about using it. I notice when my wifi is down my computer will try and connect to my next door neighbour's wifi but she has it secured so it never works.

There maybe something else available but I don't know of it. My daughter once had a flat in our town centre and she could use the wifi of a nearby shop although the reception wasn't that strong.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my googleplay too, on my android, I found a free wi-fi and I'm also connected to Spectrum TV because I got Spectrum cable service in home so on my android I can have Spectrum TV, so maybe your cable company gives you that kind of service too, free tv for your phone. What works for me is my wifi laptop connection which I pay for , that works all the time. I hope you can find free wi-fi that works for you.

4. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    Yes you can get free Wi-Fi using an app on playstore called WPS-connect. It needs root privilege if your Android version is below 5.0. It's primarily made to check if your WPS connection is vulnerable or in case if you forget your own Wi-Fi password and want to retrieve it back. But mostly this is used to hack into other's Wi-Fi connection. It uses wps pin entry technique by the use of an inbuilt dictionary of attacking network pin numbers. The Wi-Fi however must be WPS enabled and without any Mac filter on, and there you go. Just be careful;)

5. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    The app you described may exist but the action itself is impossible, i assume the apps find the nearest wifi and try to connect you.

6. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    I got to know about the app by one of my friends who was able to hack into his neighbour's wifi. When he first told me about this I couldn't belive it just like you. But then he hacked into another WiFi before me and I was like Whoa! That's amazing. He told me that In order to use this app you'll have to root your device and so I did. I have really hacked into several Wi Fi's using the app. If you can't believe me then you can try it for yourself.

7. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I never heard of a app that could provide you with free internet -but i have heard and read(Amazon sells these antennas)about picking up hotspot internet with a high powered WiFi antenna though- mounted outside. If they have some free internet places in reach of your neighborhood it could work -but also a few factors that matter are obstructions,traffic and weather conditions- and all these things will effect the signal strength. The owners of the hotspot may be keeping track who connects by keeping stats on these things though.

8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    There are some of the cafe and the public places where we do get the free Wifi. And there seems to be a lot of good option. I don't think there are any free apps. But we have Wifire app that can detect free wifi in nearby region. And it does help get connected to those places. However not going to work all the time though. Safe wifi and free are harder to find.

9. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:

My android version is at 2 and so I doubt if the app will be supported. I will install the app after getting a new phone. Your post has also reminded me of my brother saying that his friends can hack Wi-Fi passwords. I never paid attention but he said that his friend used an app to do the hacking. Thanks for mentioning the app. Although my intention was not to hack but to enjoy free Wi Fi, I will see if the app can serve the same purpose.

I have never tried using Wi-Fi from public places although it is free. That is where most PC hacking happen and I agree with you that it is hard to find free and safe Wi-Fi.

10. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    The apps which provide free wifi are based in several users which share your wifi passwords when they visit different places. Today, there is wifi free in several places like mall, airports, squares and other places. Moreover, there are internet plans with a low cost, for example I cannot use my internet franchise completely (1.5 GB) and I frequently use Instagram, Facebook and Whatsapp.