Are there any ethics in this business?

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by Gelsemium • Oct 21, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who was visited by an insurance expert and he tried them to write things he didn't want and asked him to fill extremely invasive forms. I doubt that it's something legal, but surely it's ethically wrong. What's your view on this?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't see how an auto insurance form can be invasive, unless it's a scam. Auto insurance forms ask for personal information and vehicle information. This includes name, address, social security number (sometimes), other info related to requirements to discounts, and more. It's nothing a normal person would consider invasive, and there are absolutely ethics within the auto insurance industry. Plenty of insurance providers do work with their clients to bring them a decent deal on coverage.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not the same for all insurance, I am sure. That friend of yours just happened to deal with the wrong person (who even had the gall to call himself "expert"). Most of the details were left out so I don't really know what you mean by "invasive forms." If your hunch is telling you it's not something legal, you should tell your friend to consult two or three more experts before jumping the gun. This will spare him from future troubles.

4. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I think this is a business where you go in already expecting the salesperson to be a bit of a crook, because of all the bureaucratic horror stories that we hear all the time.
    Could you tell us how the forms were invasive, there are a certain number of personal questions that the insurance company needs to ask in order to reasonably evaluate your application.

5. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a scam all right, the expert told my friend to write down he was the usual driver, that he had crashed the other car, to sign documents authorizing to release the medical history, the guy was a true professional, shocking!!