Are Microsoft Phones Better Than Samsung?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Kieranlewix • Nov 9, 2017.

1. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    There was a time in 2015 when I was researching on good phones in the market and Microsoft happened to be placed above Samsung in the magazine I was reading. The phone brands were arranged chronologically depending on their quality and Microsoft was really praised along with Sony. I ended up buying a Microsoft phone. I noticed some things which I don't know if you find to be disadvantages or part of the brilliant package. The Graphic Interface is similar to most laptops. I find them so hard to operate and due the many windows that pop up on the screen, the phone starts to lag when it is very new. I found this so annoying. What do you think about this phones?

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only other kind of phone that I have had besides my iPhone (which I dearly love) is a Motorola Droid. That was my first experience with a smart phone, and I really didn’t understand all of the things that it could do. Now, I have an iPhone 7 Plus, and it is larger than the Droid was, and has a lot more features.
    I have a Dell Laptop that has Windows on it, and we have had nothing but trouble with that laptop. After all of the aggravation that has caused us, I would never, ever get a Microsoft phone.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    They are better because they don't have a history of planned obsolescence and exploding batteries. They are more expensive than Samsung but you will save more money long term. It also uses Windows, which is a better system than Android and Ios. If you have a PC, it is also compatible.

4. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Microsoft phones are quite popular in certain parts of the world, a lot of people don't look at them because they aren't advertised as much.

5. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that they aren't advertised as much as the popular smartphone brands but they are of high quality and quite durable to last.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    In my opinion: not at all.

I've been a Samsung user for many years and never had anything to complain about it. The Samsung phones are far superior in every single way that can be compared (even when it comes to popularity).

7. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    My sister's Samsung got broken in just 3 years. My sister's Windows phone is 7 years old going strong. Samsung had the infamous Galaxy Note 7 that injured lots of people because of exploding batteries.

8. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    They are really durable in comparison to the other mobile brands, and not only that they function perfectly if not decently for ling.

9. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    The only phone I have ever used is samsung. I have tried iPhone and Nokia (Windows phone) briefly, but I did not like. Well people might laugh at me because I am saingI did not like iPhone. Yes, I did not like iPhone because I did not see any reasons to pay such a huge amount for a hand held device. I don't have amny experience with Google or Microsoft devices.

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Samsung is my only experience in smart phones. We have Samsung S3 and the newer Samsung J7. They are great with regards to functions and operating is easy. Except for the broken internal battery charger of the S3, I would say Samsung is recommendable. One colleague used to own a Microsoft phone running on Windows and is now using a Samsung.

11. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Well... I know that Samsung is not perfect (just like no other company), but I'm just referring to my experience with it. So far, it ihas been extremely satisfactory.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used a Microsoft phone yet, but I don't think I will anytime soon, since I'm more partial to Android because of the free apps that I can download.

13. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Microsoft windows phones are not popular in my country. Many people are using Samsung,techno,alcatel, among others. They are wonderful. I have not handled any microsoft phone therefore, I have less experience with them. I am also planning to look for one and compare with Samsung.

14. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think it can be good than samsung phones in any ways. I mean whole thing is depend on OS. Samsung use to have mostly android, and as far as I know Microsoft only using windows as mobile os. And compare to android OS , windows mobile OS never able to get that much attention from public. So I will not choose that thing anyway.

15. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    You say the graphic interface is similar to a laptop? but that is why it is called Microsoft lol. :D Anyway, I think they are ranked better than Samsung because of some features they posses but in reality, many people love Samsung more.

Personally, I would prefer to purchase a Samsung and not a Microsoft. Because the features on a Samsung phone are user friendly and you will feel you are handling a phone unlike having a Microsoft where you will feel you are handling a small laptop.

16. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Microsoft phones are good cell phones but it cannot get a comparison with the Samsung cell phones. I do have Samsung cell phone and it is the best phone I have ever had, in my opinion, is better than the iPhone.

17. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't really bought one of these phones since I was an android user ever since I had a smartphone. But I was able to try some of these phones and I find them a bit hard to use. I mean, when it was my first time using an android phone, I didn't have a hard time navigating the phone, which I haven't really experienced with a windows or microsoft phone.

18. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah because Samsung Cellphones have an expiration date of three years and their Galaxy Note 7 injured and almost killed many people. I think most people who defend Samsung defends it because it is the only phone they can afford.

19. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't understand your comment on this. Do you mean Microsoft device don't have expiry date? Or you want to say that samsung phones are not expensive!!!!

About note 7, I guess this thing can happen with any company. And they have reacted well after that. Personally I am not fan of Samsung but this thing is surely not true.

20. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used a Microsoft phone before. I have used Samsung before and my old trusted blackberry phone. Maybe Microsoft must just focus on laptops and software if their product is not that great.
    @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan: What do you mean by phone expiration date? And point of correction there, some people like me prefer Samsung phones not because it is cheap, but because they have a great product.