Are First Class Flights Worth The Price?

Discussion in Travel started by TheKnight • Nov 14, 2016.

1. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    In the 10 flights I've taken, I've only gone first class in one. I only took first class because I ordered late and nobody else wanted first class so I got a huge discount. It was the same price as a normal seat. I don't think the large price is worth it. You get one small gourmet meal and your choice of drink. You can order coffee if you want during the flight but I doubt anyone would drink 100 dollars worth of coffee.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We had experienced the business class once when our economy ticket was upgraded by Emirates Airline. In some airlines that we had taken, I have seen the spacious first class seats and probably the elite passengers are spoiled in terms of service. But the cost of a first class ticket is almost equivalent to 2 economy tickets. Maybe even if I would win the lotto jackpot, I would avail of a first class ticket just once for the experience. It is truly exorbitant and probably not worth the cost.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    You are right it is not worth the price at all. I also flew in first class as well by accident since no one took that seat and I also payed normal price. I mean it's good that they give a meal but the meal is not worth the price. I would think the seats would be more comfortable and spacious but they are the exact same seats.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have not taken any flight. I usually take the boat or the fastcraft. If I am going those seats or accommodation in the first class rate, though the seats are no different that an ordinary one, but the amenities, the service, and the ambiance is too different from the ordinary one. What one thing more important is the privacy.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer economy class while on personal tour but if my company provides me the facility of traveling first class I don't mind because I get better legroom, care and meals (and you know what else) But I can say that the difference of price is certainly not worth spending from my own pocket.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The price difference is huge on many flights so unless you are incredibly rich then I doubt it is worth it. I know some very wealthy people and they won't pay for First Class unless it is discounted or given as an upgrade. Often people sleep in any case, so you are paying for comfort on an overnight flight in effect.

7. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I've been flying for many years now, and if I'm paying myself I wouldn't dream about going first class. If the business pays then I'll fly that way but it's not worth the extra money in my opinion. The service is better, the in-flight entertainment is better and it's comfier, but that still doesn't justify the prices that some of the airlines charge, and I think for a lot of people they book first class thinking it will be an amazing experience but are left disappointed.

8. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have travelled first class only once that too was just by chance. The first class was virtually empty with just one passenger while economy was crowded. I needed to sleep as the journey was long upon requesting the air hostess she directed to the first class. Though I did not receive any first class services but it was more spacious.

I still don't think it is worth all that cash.

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    That's what we feel who generally travel economy class but the moneyed people fly first class for more than one reason. They want to keep a distance with general public, concentrate on their work and ideas and get better service because they can afford them.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    For the few times I have had the opportunity to travel first class, I say with certainty that it's worth every penny that you pay for the service. The planes always have an incredible quality, the on-board service is impeccable, the food is delicious and the entertainment options are endless.

I remember my first trip in the first class as if it were yesterday, it was something that until today I consider "magical". If I ever have another opportunity to travel first class again, I certainly will not think twice.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    As far I am concerned, I will not travel first class unless my company pays for my fare. In fact they agree to for my fare but since I travel with my wife (for longer duration posted in other countries) they want me to pay for her and the difference is so huge that I prefer traveling economy rather than paying such a big difference from my own pocket.