Apps That Do Not Pay Earnings

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by Corzhens • Apr 3, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Beware of apps that are supposed to share their revenue. Most of those apps are those with a list of apps that you have to install on your phone. That easy - just install the apps in their list and you earn money. However, before reaching the minimum amount of withdrawal, the list would run out of apps and you have nothing to do, cannot earn anymore. And your earnings remain in the bank... forever.

Before registering to apps that pay, check for proof of payment. How many users have they paid? Come on, there are so many scammers in the internet so value your time and be careful.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, there's this app testing site that supposedly pays its "testers" $10 per successful testing. I had recently signed up but am yet to try an app and get paid for it. I saw the link advertised at one of the forums I usually visit but because my misgivings are still high, I have not yet started on any task invitation. Apparently, the site pays through PayPal but functions much like survey sites. They may reject your tests and have the discretion to not pay you. To earn from testing sites would take ages.

3. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    It is a surefire method to browse the internet to check reviews of there apps. A most effective method is to type the domain name of the app followed at the word scam. The search results at the top will likely give unbiased reviews of there apps. One such good site is Scamadvisor. Others scammers are more subtle. You will take forever to reach your cashout minimum until you just let it be.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I always, always read reviews of apps before I put one on my phone. Hopefully they are legitimate and not scam reviews either. I don't tend to install apps that are not well known or not used by a number of people. I think that is just asking for trouble. If I go to all the trouble to install an app, I want to make sure it is a good one before I install it. I don't have that much space on my phone.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @xTinx@xTinx If you tell us the name of the app, perhaps one or more persons here uses it, and can tell you whether or not it's legitimate, and whether it pays when and what it says it will.

I used a lot more apps when I had my iPod Touch, because it had tons of room and resources. My current tablet has limited resources, so I'm using very few apps these days, and haven't downloaded any that claim to pay.

I was using Receipt Hog for a while on the iPod, but didn't earn enough to be paid, and I used Walmart's Savings Catcher via my desktop, rather than the iPod, because the app available at the time seemed buggy.

6. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    This has happened to me before as well! It is definitely a bummer. I have a lot of apps that I use and have gotten good benefits from it fortunately. There are many out there that are a rip off though and it takes a lot of time out of your schedule and bugs down your phone.

7. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I've downloaded an app called Spin To Win Slots by Spin To Win Inc. and I got hooked playing it because it did promise real earnings sent your verified PayPal account. I won $1 on my first day and they were supposed to send it in 3-5 business days but weeks have passed and I've received nothing. I'm not the only one who has the same complaints because others have won $50 to $100 without getting anything at all. The support is non-existent. The game requires in-app purchases and I can assume that nobody is buying coins that's why it's not paying but they could've just deactivated the app instead so that people won't be wasting their time in it.

8. lisasian86

lisasian86Member

Threads:
    I always read the reviews of apps before I download them, although a lot of these apps will award points for positive reviews so you have to be careful which ones you trust.

9. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I heard rave reviews about the Spin to Win Slots app as well. I think they were probably people hoping to get people to sign up under them, so they could make money off of them. I don't have a problem signing up under a person who gives legitimate feedback, but I don't appreciate people blowing smoke so others waste their time and/or money. When I went to the Google Play store and read the reviews, a lot of them seemed canned/fake, and so I didn't bother with the app.

10. judyd1

judyd1New Member

Threads:
    I know the site you are referring to! I joined there, got paid an initial $10 as they checked my computer and mic for compatibility, and then....nothing. Every "test" I've tried to take since then has always ended with: sorry, you do not meet the qualifications to proceed. What a big disappointment.

11. HealthAndVitality

HealthAndVitalityMember

Threads:
    Yes, I hear you. I had to uninstall them from my phone as they were taking extra space and they were totally useless and some of them once you install them it is a nightmare trying to remove them.