Any other good web browsers for mobile devices?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by pandandesign • Jan 11, 2014.

1. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I only used Safari and Chrome in my tablet. I find them quite user friendly and easy to used. I have tried Opera mini before that I am not satisfied with it so I stop.

2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I use firefox as my main mobile browsing app. I just started using it and it's really good by far, it's a good thing they developed a mobile version since i prefer firefox as my computer browser.

3. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I use Opera mini in my android devices for all my browsing needs. Is very comfortable and resource efficient compared to the default android web browser, but is mostly cool and fast to navigate mobile version websites. When it comes of desktop versions, is a bit lacking.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, you learn something new on this forum every day. I have never heard of most of these browsers actually. I didn't know they existed. I am using Chrome on my phone because it is what came pre loaded, and easily interfaces with google. I have firefox on my pc, as well as IE but I end up using Chrome the most. Many people like Pale Moon which is a faster version of firefox. I downloaded it, but have yet to use it.

5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid Explorer because I mostly never get a good service from it. Chrome is the browser that I mostly use but sometimes it has these little snap moments which can be annoying. Therefore, I sometimes resort to Firefox which I find to be very reliable.

6. Robilas

RobilasMember

Threads:
    On my Android mobile devices I mostly use Google Chrome: it's pretty straightforward and intuitive, clean and simple graphic and it's pretty easy to navigate between all the tabs. I also tried to use Firefox, since is it my browser of choice on my PC, but I don't really like it for mobile devices. It's slower because of the graphics and less intuitive than Chrome, but it still gets the job done.

I also tried Boat Browser but it doesn't feel as efficient and complete as Chrome (or Firefox), so I uninstalled it. Safari is also another excellent browser if you have an iOS device.

7. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:
    My selection of the fastest (when it comes to stability, rendering pages, relatively fast start up and support for modern websites) web browsers for Android are:
    1. Firefox from Mozilla;
    2. Opera (not mini);
    3. Google Chrome

I used all these browsers on my low-end Android device with only 512 MB of RAM and they work pretty good and fast in this order.

When it comes to the "fastest" web browser, in terms of memory usage, fastest start than I have to go with Opera Mini. However, I do not recommend you using this browser as your main browser simply because you will have conflicts with a lot of modern websites. Use it if you really want to quickly check out something on the internet.

8. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    Well I just use Internet browser, Google Chrome, and Opera Mini. They work quite well, though Chrome crashes some time.

9. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have used chrome, opera and firefox on my hand held devices, however, I have settled with UC Browser. In my experience, UC browser is faster than most of the popular browsers. Most of the site consider UC Browser a Proxy browser, thus you must be careful while using this browser.

10. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I use UC browser and Opera Mini as my main browsers. Opera Mini doesn't support many strong websites but it saves on data charges. UC browser is the best. I have also tried the DU browser and it works the same as UC but at a lesser data usage.

11. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Opera Mini, Teashark, Brave browser, Firefox, Chrome and UCWeb are the known browsers. And they seem to be good enough on the browsing. Also saves your data too. I think on that note it'd be reasonable to say that some mobile devices can be easily used for these browsers. I am reserved about the brave browser. I don't want to use the browser that does not make things that easy. On that note I'd surely use chrome or opera mini instead.