Any other good web browsers for mobile devices?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by pandandesign • Jan 11, 2014.

1. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I don't often use Internet Browser or Chrome for some reason because I think there are better web browsers out there on the app store. I have tried Firefox browser on my smartphone, which is very good considering it takes less memory than Google Chrome does. It does render the pages quite well, just like Safari on Apple devices. What other web browsers besides what I have mentioned have you used that you would like to recommend for mobile devices?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Opera mini works fine for me. I've used it on a number of devices and I'd say it's a pretty decent browser and would recommend it anytime.

I've tried another browser which was heavily advertised on the net [UC browser] and it was so bad that I uninstalled after using it for only a few hours. If it's a bad browser you'd like to test out, then by all means download and install UC browser.

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    If you're on Android, you can try out Boat Browser. It's pretty straightforward, much like a desktop browser. Overall, quite stable with little errors. The other pretty good one is xScope Browser which looks almost identical to Chrome in terms of interface.

4. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I completely disagree with you......UC is probably one of the best browsers out there. After trying a whole lot, UC was the only one that gave me what I was looking for. It loads pages just like on a computer and then there is UC mini which is even more efficient if you want to access pages really quickly.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Dolphin Browser is great for low end phones. It's like a poor man's chrome but it could function quite well even on an underpowered device. It permits the opening of multiple tabs with ease.

However, on my Galaxy Note 2, I exclusively use Google Chrome. I don't need any other browser because it has everything I need. It's simple, intuitive, and just plain powerful. It can show on screen just about any website I visit without any hiccups.

6. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I use Firefox most of the time but chrome is a nice alternative. I have also heard that dolphin is good but haven't tried it. I've also heard of boat but haven't used that one either. I guess I'm just hooked on Firefox and probably won't try anything else until it let's me down.

7. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I usually use the browser that is already installed on the mobile but one browser app I have used both on my android mobile and iOS tablet is Puffin browser. You can have a free trial and using this browser actually allows you to use flash when using the app which my mobile and tablet would not otherwise allow. This is an easier way of accessing flash without having to turn on the laptop all the time.

8. tony

tonyNew Member

Threads:
    I use maxthon browser and it very fast for me.

9. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using opera for quite a while now and I have to say that I am quite impressed with its performance. This browser is especially made for mobile devices as it has fantastic compression rates and is able to reduce the amount of data you consume while browsing the internet. It is a very simple to use and feature packed browser which does the job of an internet browser pretty efficiently.

10. Guru

GuruMember

Threads:
    I'm not sure about Android but on iOS there is a browser called Mercury which is fantastic. I always use it for my online browsing. It allows you to change theme, enter private mode along with many other good features like a download manager. It's complex, yet simple, fast and free.

11. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I actually think that Goole Chrome is one of, if not, the best browser on mobile phones. It's fast and pretty reliable. It also barely crashes unless I overload the tabs. Another browser that I use that works better with flash-requiring websites is Flashfox Pro. It's a paid browser app. I bought it to get rid of the ads on the free version and it works very well for what I need it for.

12. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    I have tried a ton and here are my opinons. :D

Safari - The most stable and fast browser. Less features and feels outdated compared to the competition.

Google Chrome - One of the sleekest looking browsers. Struggles just as much as other browsers when it comes to javascript though. Otherwise a good compromise between functionality and looks.

Sleipnir - This is my favorite, even though it crashes all the time. Lots of really awesome features like a color-coded bookmarks bar, ability to hide all toolbars, download manager, full-screen web browsing, sharing, tab groups, etc. Still needs work though and crashes.

Dolphin Browser - This one feels the most like a proper web browser. Tabs, bookmarks bar, the best sharing features of all of them. Sleek-looking too. Only reason why I don't use it is because Sleipnir has more comprehensive screen real estate.

Coast - This is by the creators of Opera I think? It is a revolutionary browser, very reliant on touch, just displays pages very simply without any space-wasting. I like the widget-like bookmarks. Unfortunately, there aren't many great features and it doesn't feel like a fully featured web browser.

Puffin Web Browser - For some reason this thing is blazing fast, faster than all the others. Very good flash capability, also something other browsers don't have. It takes too long to actions to access bookmarks though so I don't use it as my main browser.

Still gonna try out more too, Maxthon and Opera sound good.

13. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    I`m just using Google Chrome and Dolphin, the last one being my favorite, since it seems more fast and intuitive:D
    What I hate about current smartphone is their preinstalled browser, it`s a bad joke, if you use, your inbox will load in more than 30 seconds and it can be deleted

14. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that I had options for my mobile gadgets. My sister introduced me to Opera, but I didn't get the chance to use it on my iPhone because iPhones use Safari. So far Safari has been really good to me, and I didn't see any reason to change the browser. (I didn't think I would have the ability to change that either, but turns out Opera does come with an Opera Mini for mobile gadgets.) That makes three options: Google Chrome, Safari, and Opera. Still, I only used the default browser options.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I can't recommend Mercury browser enough. It does so much more than its more popular counterparts like Chrome or Opera. It utilizes hand gestures which is my favorite feature because it makes it so much easier to browse on tablets. It also has a good file management system which allows you to organize your saved pictures. It really is miles better than the competition, in my opinion.

16. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Chrome and Opera seem to work good enough to me. If necessary I'd just rather download apps like Facebook and Youtube instead of opening it on my browser for better stability.

17. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually am a fan of Opera for smartphones because it's a light, clean, and fast Web browser. It lacks a few features that other browsers, like Chrome for mobile, come with standard. Still, I'll take a light, high-performing browser over anything else almost every time. Performance trumps features for me as long as everything works.

18. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never found anything better than Chrome, honestly. Firefox is too clunky and has a tendency to crash, and Dolphin is just like Chrome, only more sluggish depending on the device..

19. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I used Opera Mini for a long time.. but after I came across Dolphin, One Browser and Maxthon for Android.. I've never used Opera Mini, Chrome or UC Browser. I vote for Dolphin for Mobile, it is so advanced and you'll certainly love it..

20. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    My default browser is Safari, and when I check in my gmail, I lost the ability to chat with a very dear friend. I tried Chrome, thinking that I would be able to use g-talk, but it didn't either. So I am now just using Safari.