Any Females Here Like To Travel Alone?

Discussion in Travel started by suegiplaye • Jul 20, 2015.

1. watsadamen

watsadamenMember

Threads:
    I love to travel and I have always wanted to try solo traveling. Most of my trips, whether domestic or international, were either with friends or with family. I have never tried going solo because I lack the guts to do so. The closest thing I did to solo travel was when I traveled by plane from my country to Bali, Indonesia. I met my best friend there who was also traveling from the United States. I would love to travel on my own. My friends who have tried it shares that it is a truly different experience. Fulfilling.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like travelling alone, but I go to safe places, like cities in the US and Europe. I've been to LA all by myself and also England. Both trips were amazing because I got to meet a bunch of new people that I wouldn't have met travelling with friends and family. You get more open to meeting people when you are alone! I wouldn't go to places in Asia and Africa alone, though.

3. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    It is not just you

..!
    I also love traveling and mostly my family and relatives call me a travel freak. I just love traveling and everyone says me that i am craze. But never mind I do what I want to do. Traveling is my passion that gives me a charm of my life.

4. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I have travelled alone many times in my life.
    As a woman, of course, you should be careful and definitely use your common sense.
    I also am very cautious with who I talk to or where I go, especially when it is dark outside.
    I remember my grandma being quite upset with me when I travelled alone to go to my sister's wedding and had to stop at NYC airport around midnight. But I knew how to handle it and that is what matters the most.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with some of the comments here, if you're going to travel alone, especially as a lone female, I think it depends on the destination. I mean, there are places out there which are notorious for war and crime, among others. So it would be be silly to take off on your own to those parts of the world. Well, I wouldn't dare go to certain countries even if I were with others. There's crime everywhere in the world, it's just that the exact degree varies from country to country, and that's the reason I just don't do it. I respect those who can and actually enjoy it.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think travelling alone to an unfamiliar place can be quite risky, but you won't really get lost if you follow directions, whether you're male or female. But safety in numbers is always better than travelling alone, right? So I would prefer having a companion with me.

7. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I must say that traveling alone is quite not my type. I would prefer to travel with someone i like to spend my time with. It will be more memorable for me to be there.