Amazon Marketplace Problems

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Ke Gordon • Jul 3, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I ordered a slipcover from Amazon, and the website was defintely misleading, as the picture showed it covering a recliner, however, when it actually came..it was incredibly small. It would barely fit the back of the recliner let alone the whole thing. I am very disappointed. I know Amazon can't vouch for all of their sellers, but I expected better! Needless to say, I am sending it back.

2. bluebetta

bluebettaMember

Threads:
    What I love about Amazon is I get to read reviews from unhappy customers like yourself before I order something. Definitely write a review if you have that option. It may save other people from the same headache! I am sorry you had a bad experience. I have more good luck than bad overall ordering from their site. Don't let this one bad experience deter you from shopping again. Perhaps stick to products with good reviews and high rated sellers.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many sellers on the Amazon Marketplace sell products whose quality is decent but there are a number of them who don't. And as people can pay for reviews I wouldn't trust reviews either. I suppose though negative reviews are worth looking for because these at least are written by dissatisfied customers and can therefore be trusted.

4. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Recently, I also experienced some problem while shopping with Amazon. I bought a product. The product was priced $44 and it included a $7 worth free product with it. When I received the product, I did not receive the free product. Since I did not buy the item just because it included free product, therefore,I did not complain, however, this was very disappointing.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I buy a lot of used art books on Amazon all the time and never have any problems and they are in pretty good shape,because the new or "like new", cost so much more on Amazon. I would make sure though that the book at least is in the good condition or better,but usually they come with a few stickers on the book you can peel off or there might be some writing in the front cover,but its a way of buying Art books really cheap.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most of the products I buy from the marketplace I have been satisfied with, although sometimes they do take a while to come, especially if they might be coming from another country. I just think that you are looking for these things are one of the benefits of being on the site.

7. Vanessa5489

Vanessa5489New Member

Threads:
    I also have had a problem, I ordered a printer and it came and didn't work. Amazon can't take back electronics so I was very disappointed. Hence the reason I never buy electronics on amazon UNLESS it is made by amazon themselves like their tablets