Amazon Free Shipping?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by Sunshine703 • Jul 29, 2015.

1. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    I just made an order for about 4 items two nights ago and I used amazons free shipping over $35 and it says that it should arrive in 5-8 days which is fine with me. The order date was July 27 and when I checked the status today, it told me it should arrived around August 17-27. That's almost 20 days away from the closest estimated time! I just don't know why they tell you 5-8 days when it's nothing nearly even close to the time estimated. Did any of you guys have similar experiences? I mean I'm not that against waiting but come on... at least be upfront and tell me it'd take 20 days instead of telling me that after I already ordered it. But the estimates could be off and maybe arrive way before the time they gave me, I don't know. I'm just very confused right now, do you guys have any intake on this?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you ordered an item from China it will take some time to get to you. Usually if your order is in stock and in the states your order will be received by you within a week. Go back to your sellers site and see where the order is coming from to help you understand why it is taking so long to get to you.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have some problems like that with Amazon as well. Of course it is nearly always the supplier that holds up the disbursement of the item. I once had a top I had ordered...and it never showed up. Amazon told me to contact the supplier directly which I did and asked for a refund. Later on I wrote a bad review and she was upset...but hey, I am sorry, do what you are supposed to do and deliver when you are supposed to for a good review. I did say they promptly refunded my money when I asked for a refund, am talking about the supplier.

4. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I mean most of the transactions I've dealt with were all very smooth but this one was a bit odd for me. I've never had an estimate that was this long before. And I don't mind if it's from China or where ever else in the world. If you list that the item will arrive in 5-8 days then make it arrive. I couldn't care less if your from outer space but at least have the courtesy to put the right dates you can ship. It's just good business practice because as a consumer, I feel like I've just been toyed with and that's not how it should be.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I ordered a tablet last year, not knowing that I had ordered it from a Hong Kong seller, and destination. The estimated arrival date as reasonable, so I didn't see that anything was amiss. But the tablet actually arrived two weeks later - in fact, I think it was nineteen days later, which I was not happy about. Luckily the shipping was free, so I couldn't really complain.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon prime subscribers always get the highest priority when it comes to shipping. I've seen a number of complaints on the net — many of the angry people claim that Amazon deliberately delays shipment of non-prime orders. It could be all business for them. Want faster shipping? Get Amazon prime membership.

7. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I've never really had that problem I don't think. For the most part, the shipping/tracking information that has been posted for each of my orders has been rather accurate (Usually within a day or two). Often times, I order from amazon shops rather than amazon directly because I don't have amazon prime on my account. I find that the prices are roughly the same but I don't have to pay the 35$ out front for free shipping.

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    As someone who has and still is being wronged by Amazon Prime, I will never an advocate for it. It looks appealing initially, but with a bit of browsing, I noticed that a lot of the products that I'd most likely be interested in purchasing, were not covered under Amazon Prime policy.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pat is right and to follow her instructions you'll find out everything you're inquiring about. I always go for the free shipping too at amazon because we live in Hawaii and sometimes everyone likes to charge us extra because we live farther away. There is a place at amazon in "order" pages where you can contact the seller or amazon customer service itself. My things come ahead of time and in good condition. I like amazon and their free shipping for $35 and above! It helps me a lot to have free shipping. Recently I bought a d-best Dolly Trolley on a bargain counter at amazon for it was slightly damaged. Got $10 off and it came first within a week of the order and I live in Hawaii. I love my d-best Dolly Trolley. The damage was a scratch 6 inches long on the bag in the back that you can't see. Good luck on your amazon free ship buys!

10. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me thinks that OP probably ordered from a third-party seller on Amazon with crap shipping times, which is why the order will take so long to arrive. I've never had trouble with Amazon Prime or Amazon's basic free shipping program for orders over $35. It works how it's supposed to, and the only time you really run into shipping problems is when you have to deal with a third-party seller rather than directly with Amazon. That's why I avoid third-party sellers as often as possible.

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    One time I ordered a tablet computer. My first tablet computer, and at that time I didn't know that Amazon had done what Ebay was doing with allowing sellers to sell products through them. I thought that I was buying the product from Amazon, but I was purchasing it from a Hong Kong seller, which I later found out, especially when it took three weeks to arrive at my home.