Airport Wifi Rant

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by Penny • Mar 8, 2017.

1. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    Why is it that tiny little regional airports, who probably need every dollar they can get are happy to provide free WiFi in the terminal. But enormous airport that constantly have delays require complex sign ins and high hourly prices? If they have free WiFi it is for some meager period of time like 30 minutes.

I guess it is just because big airports have a lot of people in them which motivated them or a third-party provider to shake us down for even more money. But the last thing I feel like doing as the third delay to my flight is announced, is filling their pockets with ten dollar an hour WiFi charges..... it kind of rewards them for screwing up.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Well, while it's true the average airplane rider is much richer than someone who works minimum wage, I don't see why it's necessary to make them pay more for wi-fi. Obviously, this whole thing seems like a scheme to squeeze every tourist or frequent flyer dry. Anyhow, every tourist etc. isn't a rock star, so they should be cut a little bit of slack.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't yet paid for wifi in airports though I have travelled quite a bit. I did use their annoying OTP generating half hourly free internet services which is actually pain in the neck.

I think as passengers we pay enough for a seat and some snacks which can also cover for few hours of hassel free internet.

4. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    It's because these bigger airports will be getting more footfall therefore they think that this is a good opportunity to make some extra money. If you consider how many people go through these airports every day, if just 5% of them bought the airport wifi then they must be making millions every year through it. It's good business sense to charge customers for it

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never used Wi-Fi provided by Malls, libraries or airports as I generally use my own data card for this particular purpose. I feel the speed of such connections is not as good as I find through my data card besides the security factor. I have always felt unsafe when I see my fellow passengers using public Wi-Fi.