Air Travel Or Train?

Discussion in Travel started by RogMeet • Jun 28, 2017.

1. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    The trains here in my country don't cover very long distances, it was made to avoid traffic on the major streets during peak hours, so if you want to travel long distances, you can either fly or board a ship. I would rather fly instead so that it would be faster, although it's more expensive than taking the ship.

2. Mahi

MahiMember

Threads:
    Air Travel is good, it takes very less time, even one doesn't feel tired. Yaa, it's slightly costly rather than other means of transportation. But good for an emergency travel purpose. One can use coupon code while booking flight tickets so that it cost less and they can reach their destination fast. But when it comes for enjoy the journey and the ride then the Railway can help you in these case. It's good for enjoying the company of your family and friends.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Here train travelling is really cheap in compare to Air travelling. So even I prefer train travelling more. But if I am in hurry then it is other thing. But if there is not urgency in time, then yes train travelling is quite entertaining and cheap too. So for saving money one can go for train and for saving time one can choose Air travelling.

4. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Travelling from one country to another has to be by air but between States and cities one could opt for train journey. I opted for one such between the cities train journey just to get an Amtrak experience. It was from San Jose to Oxnard. The straight coast line experience with sea as company was indeed out of this world.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We have the widest network of trains but airports are very few mostly in metros and major cities therefore traveling by plane saves very little time but costs very high so unless it is not must I prefer traveling by fast trains. I generally travel by trains which leave in the evening and reach me to my destination next morning that allows me to attend my work. Most of our fastest trains (Rajdhani) are most suitable for this purpose but I agree that I miss enjoying the scenic part. By the way I have traveled by Trans Siberian rail from Moscow to St Petersburg which takes 8-9 days.

6. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Exactly because of same reason we are planning for our next holiday by train. Because airport are not near and we have to move to another city for the same. As I am at my home town right now. So going to metro city and then also flight for our next holiday is not direct. So we may need to sit at airport for 3 to 4 hours for another flight. So in the end it will cost more time too. Still less than train but not much difference. So this way train travelling will be more easy and cheap for us too.

7. Rock1987

Rock1987Member

Threads:
    In my country, travelling by train is a lot cheaper than travelling by air. Most of the middle class people use trains as a means of transport. I prefer travelling by train as it is cheaper and you can see beautiful scenic views. You meet and talk with more people when you travel by train. Sometimes if I have to reach my destination quickly, then I use airways. I have traveled by air only a couple of times.

8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Train is cheap in my state. So my personal preference is that to go with the train. And in case of the money having more than I want. I guess it's better to go with Air. That works out just fine. I have tried to see if the air travel requires some effort too. Because if you are going for smaller distance then it may need some effort. So on that basis I think air travel is something I am holding off for now.

9. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I would say train is better, as many said it is a lot cheaper than going on a plane. So, you could save a good deal of money when using a train, especially if you look at the right places to buy a ticket online. A train also just seems a bit safer to ride in my opinion, especially if you don't deal well with heights.