Air Travel Or Train?

Discussion in Travel started by RogMeet • Jun 28, 2017.

1. RogMeet

RogMeetNew Member

Threads:
    I am fan of travelling by trains when it comes to travelling in my country. Apart from the cheap ticket rates the scenic you get to experience is just wonderful. When it comes down to the service, the second or the first class tickets are the best. You can comfortably sleep in your cabin and enjoy delicious Indian meals bought to you by the on train canteen. You also get blankets and bed sheets in case you get cold. Travelling in the general sleeper coach doesn't offer the best services but its tolerable and there is a whole different experience.

Hence instead of spending the money on a plane journey, why not pay the same for the first class experience in a train.

So, What suits your liking - Air travel or Train?

2. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    @RogMeet@RogMeet Exactly. I think that trains are a better method of transport than travel by air. However, when we consider international travels or urgent ones, air would be ideal. The good thing about trains especially in domestic travels is that one will feel the warmth of the other travellers as well. In my country, the government has introduced faster, comfortable trains. This has made travel by train more fun.

#2Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer trains usually because you are freer to move around, use your phone and can see where you are. On a plane you are more restricted and therefore can't use your phone, have less leg room and are never sure what time you will arrive.

On a train you have an idea of whether you will be on time or late, and if you do miss a train, they often let you on another in most countries. Many will let you change a ticket, unlike an air ticket that often is restricted.

4. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I like trains and I prefer train travels than air. Like @RogMeet@RogMeet said apart from saving money in ticket fares we will get to experience the scenic beauty along the journey which would be an awesome experience. You will get delicious food and enjoy the whole journey lavishly. :)

5. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to travel on train, because it is the cheapest traveling method. However, when I am in hurry and don't have time for a train journey, I will book a flight. Train travel is cheaper than traveling by air, however, it is also time consuming. It the train journey is frustratingly long, 2-3 days for instance, it is better to take a plane. Plane is costly, but you will save a lot of time.

6. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    When traveling inside my country, trains are my favorite. But traveling outside the country, I prefer planes. I love planes and don't get a chance to fly with them often, but it's really nice. Both have their advantages, but I'd say overall that I like planes better.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You are lucky to have a railway in your country. Our only options to travel to the countryside is the bus or the plane. In one province that takes a 10-hour bus ride, we also took the plane. And the time consumed is just the same although the plane looks more convenient than the bus. Maybe if there is a train in that route, that would be convenient and enjoyable with the sights. I remember our trip in Japan, from Osaka to Kyoto, more than an hour of good sights that we saw on that train ride.

8. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    If it's possible to take the train for a trip that could be made by air, it would have to be by rail the instead of by air for me. It's not because of fear of flying but I would better be able closer to the sights, sounds, and scenery than if I would have been on an airplane and this would really make my trip more enjoyable.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Train traveling is a great experience if one is not traveling too far or if one doesn't mind being in the train for too long. Too bad the train system I took are only for a one day trip so I didn't travel too far but I really did enjoy it. The difference is that we didn't have any beds only seats and tables. I also enjoyed their food selections too bad they are quite pricey. I much rather take a train than a plane if it were possible since I am afraid of hights.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Air travel is my choice! I love traveling by plane, besides safety and comfort (which is something very important for me)... I can always buy tickets with great discounts (and this another thing very important for me :rolleyes:).

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like the great scenery you get when you travel by trains-and you get to journey through the landscape of the country as well-because I think its the jouney that really matters to me. They also say trains are safer as well and you can bring as much as you can carry-and I find the whole train station experience quite charming as well.

12. Sherrie Larrison

Sherrie LarrisonMember

Threads:
    Train - you can enjoy more in it by watching the lovely scenes outside the window:)

13. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    Trains aren't really considered safe where I live, and so that is one mode of transport that I've never even considered when it comes to making trips, but from what I know about trains and what I see in the movies, that seems like a really wonderful way of getting from one place to another when you consider the scenes you can see from your window.

14. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    If I am to travel in my country, as it is quite small, we usually travel on the road, by car. I used to travel by bus, as the train was not so convenient to me and it was slower. I heard that nowadays the train in my country is much more convenient and faster, hence sometimes when my parents-in-law come and visit us from the hometown, they take train instead of bus.

If it is short distance, I would prefer to travel on the road. But if it's far, I would like to take a flight.

15. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well it depends on the destination and the amount of time that it will take, i usually take the train when the distance is not long since i can enjoy the scenery and the view.

16. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Definitely train unless I really have to fly. I find it relaxing and feel safer (I'm afraid of flying) and like to watch the world go by.

The UK train service is not as efficient as in some countries however, they are expensive and often late or cancelled. It's quite common for them to put on a coach instead and for people to miss connections.

17. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    Most urgent destinations requires the use of air-means (planes) rather than Train transport in most cases/to many..but I often drive. But I'd go for fast-moving train travels than planes..the feeling on board is better 4me

18. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    It's difficult to say if trains are cheaper than planes because so many plane flights are bought via massive discounts. Also, in the US there is a discount airline, Southwest Airlines, in operation. Anyway, it's common knowledge that planes are faster than trains - unless, and I'm saying maybe, it is some bullet train. However, though, we also have to take into consideration the time spent in the airport. Is the time spent there less than in a train station?

19. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't have trains any longer we have buses and air travel locally. We'll have rail soon and most people looking forward to rail services. I wish we had trains too. I like trains. When we traveled to Japan we rode the old and new trains and I really like it. It's so relaxing and you can eat so tasty dishes. Too bad Hawaii doesn't have trains any longer. :(

20. Jayden

JaydenNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, The train is best of the traveling for the travelers. I have many tours where get experiences through train. During my journies, i had enjoyed looking beautiful scenes from the outside of window. The train is best then plane because once i had traveled on the plane but it's not suitable for me.