Adjusting Water Volume In Toilet Flush

Discussion in Water started by Alexandoy • Jul 30, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you know that there is an adjustment in the water volume of the toilet flush? I learned that when our toilet flush stopped working. The plumber replaced with a new one and asked me how much water I would like for the flush. He taught me how to adjust the volume of water. Isn’t it a big savings even if you lessened the water in the toilet flush by just one glass? Especially when there are many who are using the toilet, that one glass saved would mean a lot.

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I agree that a good amount of water could be saved when the toilet is flushed if the water volume is adjusted. I have to adjust the water volume in the older model toilets at my home because unlike the newer models, they use up an unnecessary amount of water for flushing purposes.

3. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I have used this method to save water cost for a long time when I lived in my apartment. Now is not the case since I have my own fountain and I can use as much water as I want with a very small cost (electricity consumed by the water pump)

4. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    That, is a very good idea. I was glad to have learnt of the same sometime earlier. Another thing that has helped a lot, is that where I reside, there are two toilets. One on the outside and another on the inside. The outside one, is for visitors and for us to use during the day. This one is connected to harvested rain water, that we don't pay for. The one for the inside, we use at night, and it's the one connected to the house supply, the one that we pay for. Having it this way has helped save a lot of water wastage and also the costs associated with an air freshener.

5. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    We too have those adjustments but here we have soak pits that are far away from the toilets. We need pressure flushing to send the waste to the soak pits. We therefore do not use those adjustments but use the full quantity.

6. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I was never aware of this nor has it ever been presented to me, it will definitely help me save on water.

7. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    It's a good thing you shared this very helpful trick in saving water consumption bill. This could definitely save tons of gallons of water being wasted on water flushes on toilet. I never knew this trick and I'm glad you mention it on this thread.

8. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    Yes. It's a huge advantage than just using the normal range initially setup. Even with bidet, too.