A Venus Fly Trap

Discussion in Home & Garden started by NinetyEighty1 • Aug 1, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    How much in general is a venus fly trap and how difficult is it to care for. I'm not that much into plant life but the venus fly trap has always caught my interest for a long while. How much does it cost to care for one?

2. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, you really wish to get a fly trap for you?? I learned about this plant in biology in school and have always been fascinated by this plant. I have come across them growing in the wild but never dared to touch one or think of having one in my home. But it does look really beautiful and unusual. I found a link about flytraps and how to care for them. I hope this helps.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    They say that they can be had for about 5 to 20 dollars,but I never thought about buying one before. I will have to do more research on these fun plants, also they say they can deal with warm-humid weather along with cooler temps. The bigger fly traps actually like adult crickets,ants ,small beetles and grasshoppers as well-so you could feed them these kinds of insects.
    14031-3.

4. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the information, it was real useful. The picture of the venus fly trap is also beautiful. Where exactly can I purchase these plants for such a cheap price, or do you suggest I try buying them online? I want to get the plant in the best condition and take care of it at a affordable price.

5. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    That is a very beautiful picture! Do you have to feed the plant these insects or leave it to the plant to catch them on its own?? I would really like to have this plant but somehow I cannot see myself catching insects and feeding it to the plant. My idea of caring for plants is limited to watering and manuring them! Lol!

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I found a really good site called flytrapcare.com and it has a lot of info about these plants and they even have a forum as well. They sell plants on their site but also have other sites listed to buy them. Walmart sells their plants on walmart.com and in their store sometimes and the person that runs flytrapcare.com said he bought his first flytrap plant there(walmart instore)but when I read the reviews yesterday the customers on the walmart.com(delivered to your house) site rated them low-so not sure about that. At the top of the site(flytrapcare.com) though go under resources >venus flytrap faqs>general venus flytrap faqs.-and then find where can I buy a venus flytrap and how expensive are they.

#6Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  7. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    They dont grow in soil. They grow in peat moss, It can be bought in many hardware and garden stores. Peat moss looks like this.

schultz_sphagnum_peat_moss_grande.

I wish there is a place where you can have discounts for peat moss. That material is hard to find in my area. So they are expensive here.