3 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Using A Credit Card For Shopping

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by bomb2060 • Jul 19, 2017.

1. bomb2060

bomb2060Member

Threads:
    There is that time of the month when you cannot just ignore that credit card that you have been trying to avoid.
    But before you effortlessly present it to the cashier, quickly ask yourself:
    1. Do I really need the items - separate the needs from wants. You know what I mean.

2. Will I be able to repay timely- if you can pay wit in 50 days, the fine. You will not pay the interest.

3. How much will I save if I pay in cash? Always try as much as possible to pay in cash instead. It will save you and ensure you have some passive income.

2. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I do not currently own a credit card, I used either debit or a paypal card (which could count as a credit card). The first question generally applies to me and most of the time I simply want the item than really need it.

3. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Which brings us back to the age-old debate. What is the purpose of a credit card? Most debts run up today can be directly linked to reckless spending often through a credit facility. The best way to avoid this is not to have a credit card in the first place. If you cannot afford it, then don't buy it.

I don't have a credit card. I have experienced how debt can be crushing to wellbeing so I know enough to steer clear of this.

4. bomb2060

bomb2060Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with you. Credit card can be a headache. If you can live without, the better. But for those who already have it and areally trying to manage the card. It's important to be disciplined the earliest possible to avoid being financially wrecked.

5. LesY

LesYMember

Threads:
    You are completely right, I usually ask myself these questions when I'm going to buy or pay for something. Most people are not able to do this and overspend.

I think you are right @tallulah@tallulah we actually do not need to buy things we do not have the money to buy, but I have found my credit cards to be useful when it comes to buying home appliances or similar items. The benefits I receive are I can pay them in partialities or/and gain points to change them for things I may also need.

6. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    This 3 questions look simple and yet they can prevent someone from spending recklessly and falling into debts. I have never used credit cards but I know applying this questions in future when I start using credit cards will save me from falling into debts. Credit cards are very convenient but I know they are also addictive. This strategy of asking yourself 3 simple questions can make a credit card to be worthwhile because everyone will now focus on using them during emergencies.